Sunday 30 March 2014

Finding the Niche

Bloggers. There are millions of us, writing and giving our opinions on whatever we feel people should know about. Success as a blogger is also something that not many of us really reach when comparing the statistics. There are thousands of bloggers across the world who think that what we do is easy: we get sent free stuff, we write about it and we get paid. Right?
Taking time to nerd up my blogging skills!



Wrong. Actually to be successful we work our asses off. It takes a lot more than talking about just anything on a blog before you build up a group of people who want to hear what you have to say. Today, social media has exploded and everyone is turning their hand to the likes of blogging, so for many of us it's a tooth and nail fight to be heard.
SO I thought I'd throw in a couple of pointers....


  1. Find your USP (Unique Selling Point).. No really what makes you so special?
  2. Post often... Or else people will forget you exist.
  3. Like and comment all over the shop... more people will find you then.
  4. Don't expect instant success... Some people luck into it but the rest of us are grafters.
  5. Find your niche and promote that bitch! Seriously get your face out there!
I want to just elaborate on a few of those things. My personal USP is that I'm a 22 year old student and runner. I'm not just any 22 year old runner/student either. No I am an ambassador of fit chicks everywhere, trying to eliminate the stigma of having to look pretty even when working out. I also address mental health issues a lot. 
Post often. If I had done this during the first 2 years of my blog, then I'd probably have a much larger following than I do today. As a result, I post 1-2 posts a day 5 days a week. It takes muchos planning and half my Sundays. 
I <3 bloggers across the world and I let them know it! If I think your post was interesting, funny, clever or had great pictures and info, you bet your ass I'm gonna comment all over that mutha. 
We here at Sassylassy16up (and by we, I mean me!) are coming up for 3 years of blogging. I'm not being nominated for a Cosmo Blog Award just yet but I have a small gang of minions who like to read what I have to say and frankly that for me is a miniature success right there. I love you guys! 
Shameless self-promotion is something you need to learn. Get your friends to share it, get your blog name printed on a t shirt, have business cards and slip them to whoever you can get to take one. Ain't nobody else gonna create a path to success but you doll face (yes I did just quote Chicken Run) so get off your ass and HUSTLE!



Finally, just have fun with it. Who cares if you're not the next big thing in blogging?! Keep doing what you're doing and you're readers will stick with you! And really who else matters but those who care about what you have to say? 

No comments:

Post a Comment