Sunday 9 March 2014

Get Sassy: 30 Day Shred Challenge

I consider myself pretty fit; I run 4 times a week for around 4-5 miles, I eat healthily and drink plenty. So when one of my fitness buddies suggested trying Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, I laughed in the face of danger (muahahaha! --Yeah yeah, laugh in the face of my Lion King joke!) and said I would do it. Little did I know what I was letting myself in for............

workout!



I am no stranger to fitness DVDs, having tried out Shaun T's Insanity during my first year of uni and going way back to doing Kate's Cardio Kickboxing (anyone else remember that?!), so when I heard that Jillian Michaels' 30DS was just half an hour a day, I was highly dubious about true results! ......Until my friend sent her before and after pictures! I wish I could post them but she'd kill me, so trust me when I say I was stoked to jump on the 30DS wagon!

Jillian-Michaels-30-Day-Shred
I am a fair few days in now and OUCH! I ache in places I didn't even know existed!! I take it all back, I am NOT fit at all! I might have worked up my endurance but I didn't realise just how rubbish my strength was! I've never hidden the fact that I don't have upper body strength and can't do press ups for shit but sweet baby Jesus; I could barely move my arms by the end of the 30 minute workout, on Level 1 with light hand weights!

I was shocked and a little disappointed in myself and I won't lie, I still am, but I refuse to give up! I will complete this 30 Day Shred Challenge. I will improve my strength. I will change my body. I will succeed. *Queue crazed, power hungry look*

finish it

When I've done each of the 10 days I will give you guys an update of how many inches I've "shredded" and depending on my confidence by the end, you might even get a before and after picture! So if you feel up for a challenge maybe you guys could take on Jillian Michaels and complete the 30 Day Shred!! :D have you already tried it? Let me know what you thought in the comments below! :)


5 comments:

  1. Good for you. Jillian Michaels kills you on her dvds. I have one and ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a few days in and WOW!!! I didn't realise my arms had less muscle tone than my 8 year old brother!! =P Hopefully when I finish this, I will be at least strong enough to do reps with 2kg dumbbells! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great goal to have Cate with a "C".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe I always have one goal or another to be working towards! =D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. […] nasty jokes or digs, it really is just friendly banter! For example I was talking about my latest fitness challenge, saying it was a real work out! To which my friend quipped “Yeah yeah, I’ll show you a […]

    ReplyDelete