Saturday 10 November 2012

You Give Me Fever...

...And the fever is catching! :P

Now before you start taping up your windows and boarding up the doors, declaring quarantine, I should probably tell you that this fever is a good one to catch. That's right, I'm talking about the Running Bug!!






And my big sister has already caught it! A few weeks ago after the Oxford Half, I started looking for a new goal-- I find it hard to run without have a target to aim for-- and found a Santa Run in my home town. It's only 4K which is about 2.5 miles and it's on the 9th December. I didn't think there was much point in me taking the entry very seriously as I probably wouldn't be able to get back home for it. But then about 3 days later my big sister asked if I thought she could do it (despite her dodgy hips and ankles), so I gave her a walk-run programme and off she went. She's been running 3 or 4 times this week and already loves it, which I think is brilliant. People often think runners are MENTAL and I was one of them about a year and a half ago!

Having worked towards a goal and reached it, I know what it feels like to go from nothing to just getting out of the front door for each run! so I'd just like to give a shout out to my big sister who I am immensely proud of! I will be running with her, dressed up to the nines as a Santa on the 9th December and I don't care how long it takes; we're going to run it together! :)

Me and My Big Sis at Iron Maiden 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment