Friday 23 November 2012

Making Things Nice 'n' Easy

So I get LOADS of hits on my blog from all you babes out there looking to either strip your hair or dye it Clairol's Nice 'n Easy Light Ash Blonde (Shade 102) so I thought I'd give you a few pointers that I have learned by my own hair disasters (and there have been many) so you don't make the same mistakes I did! ;)






STRIPPING YOUR HAIR

  • Don't jump straight to bleach!! I bleached my hair after accidentally dying it black (it was supposed to come out brown)... Instead, try a little Colour B4. I've used it when I dyed my hair DARK RED (see the post here; http://wp.me/p1LLUj-42) and managed to get it to a relatively light ginger/blonde! :)

Colour B4, works by shrinking the colour molecules on your hair and then with the special shampoo formula, it washes them away. Granted the smell is a little like rotten eggs but trust me, if you've used bleach like me then you'll know that the smell is much more preferable than the burn of bleach on your scalp! :O

  • If you feel the need to pour bleach on your head then PLEASE for the love of your hair-- Go get a bleach bath! Same results, but the bleach is watered down so it's less likely to burn your scalp, irritate your eyes and make your hair fall out! ;) Do go to the hair dressers as they are liable if it does go wrong! :P



USING ASH BLONDE DYE

  • Ahh the wonderful world of Nice 'n Easy! Basically, if you have bleach or a very light tint on your hair already (or if you're naturally lucky to be that colour already) DON'T use any form of ASH dye, because you will turn your hair GREEN! :( And nobody wants to look like they've been swimming in a pool with too much chlorine! Instead, choose a GOLDEN blonde dye and work your way up to the ash colours at a later date! trust me when I say, it is NOT worth speeding ahead. Fools rush in, where angels fear to tread! ;)

  • Going for a semi-permanent is a great idea if you aren't sure you'll like the colour. Just remember that when choosing a semi, if you've already got dye on your hair then the semi permanent hair dye WILL last longer than it says on the box! And the permanent colours will always last a long time unless it's a red colour, in which case the red will fade!






Hope this post helps! If you have any other questions, post below and I'll get back to you asap: I'm an expert in Red hair colours, tips to make red dye last longer and having hair disasters! ;) I look forward to hearing from you! :P

6 comments:

  1. Actually, I have a question. Unfortunately, I have greasy hair and I need to wash it everyday, if I don't want to look like Snape from Harry Potter. Of course, it's not a problem when my hair is not dyed, but when I decide to put a bit of colour on it, the semi-permanent dye doesn't last longer than a week (I usually dye it pink, and I can't find any permanent dye in that colour :( ). Can you give us some tips about making a semi-permanent dye last longer on your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh chica the answer is simple.... DRY SHAMPOO! Make it your best friend. ;) When I had red hair, I bought a dry shampoo with a red tint in it too, so that I didn't look like I was going grey either!

    Dry shampoo not only stops the Snape look, but means you can go 2 or 3 days without having to wash your hair (meaning less colour-fading), but without being classed as a dirty skank either! :P This means Sassy hair with vibrant colour! ;)

    Cate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cate!! <3 Always helpful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey your blogs are so cool love them miss u !! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Red hair will fade." Unless it's me. In which case it will never ever go away. xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. [...] you want some more advice on Nice n Easy Light Ash Blonde then click here for a post I wrote more [...]

    ReplyDelete