Thursday 6 October 2011

Fitting into Campus Life...

So I moved to uni on sunday and my room looks all cool and homey! I have pictures up and posters on the wall etc but somehow none of it feels right. I don't feel homesick but it's hard to fit in. When I look out of my window I see all these other freshers with groups of people that they seem like they've known forever and I can't help but wonder why don't I have that?

my new home ...

To be honest my flat mates are either anti-social or already have friends elsewhere on campus and I don't. My friends live off campus and are already a year ahead of me. It feels strange but I kind of feel a bit lost, like I won't find a group of people to fit into and I wont be able to stroll around campus and bump into people I know and who like me for being me. I don't even feel like I look like I belong here. Everything in my head is screaming that I should just forget about it all and just focus on my studies and not worry about making friends. After all, I like my own company to a certain extent but ideally it would be nice to have people to go out with sometimes or people to go shopping in town with and I just can't see me having that. :/ Maybe things will get better when I start classes but I can't even begin to think about that. I don't want to jinx it-- after all, it's hard fitting into life on campus!

1 comment:

  1. Woah, your room is huuge! O.o
    And don't worry about fitting in :) Just get out on those Fresher's nights and you'll soon make friends ;) You won't have any problems finding friends and if you do, then you're living with a bunch of idiots <3 xx

    ReplyDelete