Thursday 7 February 2013

Oh Hello Ridiculous O'Clock!

It's that time again where I decide to up the game from 9am wake up calls to 7am wake up calls. Except now, I'm going to up them to 5am wake up calls!! I KNOW!!!! It's insane right?!

Well essentially, I've decided that if I'm ever going to fit in all the things I want/ need to in the day then I'm going to have to haul my ass outta bed each morning at FIVE O'CLOCK!!! Basically I've discovered that with all the extra studying I will be doing as of next week, and classes and gym AND running, things will be absolutely nutty, if I'm going to fit it all in then I'm going to have to get up earlier! :)

alarm-clock-390x285





So I hear you ask how I am going to do this amazing feat!? Well, frankly with great difficulty and determination! But not to be  completely useless, I'm going to give you a few pointers as to how you can get yourselves up a little earlier! :)



Sassy Tips To Wake Up Early

  • Skip the Caffeine

Apparently someone told me that it's not good to have caffeine 6 hours before bed... With a little research, I can actually verify that this is indeed true... Which means I will be laughing in the face of this fact and having coffee at 6pm every evening as an early nightcap!

  • Computer says NO!

Limit your use of technology at least an hour before bed! Which, shock horror, means saying goodnight to Facebook, Twitter, your Whatsapp amigos and BBM pals a little earlier each night! Techno geeks, I'm sorry to say it but you lose hours of your life online-- cut it out and go to bed!

  • Be Kind: UNWIND

Yeah I know I'm starting to sound like your mother, but have a nice relaxing bath or read for half an hour with low lighting. As an insomniac, I can tell you that your brain will either get bored and go to sleep without you noticing or you'll get bored outta your mind and choose to go to sleep all on your own! :D

  • This Little Light of Mine...

Ohh yeah! There's a reason Americans rarely have curtains! Have you ever noticed that? They have netting or thin blinds (maybe) but never curtains! That's because they have to haul their sorry asses to class for 8am if not earlier, depending on their extra curricular activities (such as breakfast club or some other thing that the USA have that us Brits cannot be arsed with)! BUT I digress; leave your curtains open so that delightful daylight that we get-- I'd say sunshine but that's a rarity-- will wake you up in the most natural way possible!

  • You Snooooze... You Lose!

I am a big fan of the Snooze button myself but unfortunately, if anyone wants to get up relatively early then unfriend that button! Seriously, put your alarm clock somewhere in your room, where you'll have to get up out of bed to switch it off! Then swiftly move to the kitchen and make a cup of coffee.. Or tea, whatever you prefer! ;)

  • Make a Choice

Write down all the things you didn't get done today and all the things that need doing tomorrow. By getting these niggling worries out of the way you will not only get a good night's sleep, but you'll also have a plan for the day when you wake up! :)

  • Have a Plan!

Routine is key. There's a reason babies are fed every so many hours, and kids go to bed at a certain time of night. It's because the routine is good for us. Ever notice how, although at the time we all thought school was a waste, we got up at 7 and by 4 o'clock, we'd managed to get ourselves up, dressed and fitted in at least 5 hours of something useful (with my personal exception of maths, which was a complete waste of time)! I even managed some exercise twice a day by walking to and from school, which kept me relatively fit!

Essentially, make yourself get up, turn off your alarm, make a cuppa, have breakfast, get dressed etc. It's all in the routine you see. Studies also say that this pattern won't stick until you've done it 21 times. As there are only 21 days left in this delightfully short month, why not give it a go?! :P

morning

No comments:

Post a Comment