Tuesday 12 February 2013

Fashion Snaps: The Home Edition

It's not often I get to brag about homely bits and bobs but having had to reassess my living situation, I thought I'd include a post on my favourite pieces about the home!




How many times have I walked around the Next home store, perving on wardrobes and mirrors no less! I have begged Laura Ashley to let me be their overnight, live-in guard, just so I can spend extra time with their pretty pretty things! And I have bargain hunted through every charity shop from one end of Essex to the other, just to find little treasures to decorate my home with! :)

As a result I've come up with my 5 favourite items around my house and if you're lucky, then I'll even tell you were I found each gem! ;)

1. Trinket Boxes

A few of my Trinket Boxes! =)
A few of my Trinket Boxes! =)

The pretty floral box was actually a birthday present from my little brother, it came with a matching mug and it is really one of my favourite boxes! :)

The brown wooden box is from Malaysia and is hand carved. It was a present to my mum from her brother (my uncle) but I loved it so much, she got sick of my begging and gave it to me! :P

The light cream "Chocolate Box" is just so beautiful and very shabby chic, it also has a chocolate truffle recipe inside! ;) Who can resist that kind of box!

2. Wooden Canvases

Pretty Canvases from my little sister for Christmas 2012!
Pretty Canvases from my little sister for Christmas 2012!

Now I know my assortment of cushions and my lamp and bedsheets etc etc are pretty awesome but let's look to the top of the photo to the lovely wooden pictures I got from my kid sister this Christmas just gone. They have what each item is written on the image but in French, because naturally, I love all things French!

3. Photo Frames

Me and Pavan on the left, my dad and I in the middle and my friend Emily and Me on the right! <3
Me and Pavan on the left, my dad and I in the middle and my friend Emily and Me on the right! <3

My camera is SHOCKING, mainly because I'm broke and my phone is a dinosaur! :P But essentially, I have about a million photos, so having a few out always makes me happy and reminds me of those I love. Also you can find some pretty funky frames! :D

4. My Hat Boxes

Pretty ways to hide my junk!
Pretty ways to hide my junk!

Yes amigos, this is how I hide all the shiz I own from view! Sneaky but clever because it makes my room look nice and tidy! In the bottom box is my assortment of creams and medicine bits. In the middle box is a myriad of make up and jewellery and I'd like to say that in the top box is a stash of sweets and goodies but the reality is that actually it's full of crap and needs emptying! :P

And finally...

5. Tea, Coffee and Sugar

Lost without all of these but I love the Cath Kidston feel to these! =)
Lost without all of these but I love the Cath Kidston feel to these! =)

These babies are from BHS, and are very cutesy. I feel sick having actually described something as "cutesy" but there we have it! They are a little vintage, shabby chic-ish and they make my kitchen (and me) smile with girly happiness! ;)

So those are my top 5 bits and bobs you can buy from shops and get given as presents and so on and so forth. But there is just one more thing I'd like to show you all...............

My House-Warming Present

My Picture Board! 1 of a kind!
My Picture Board! 1 of a kind!

This is the picture board I received as a house-warming present from my family. My mum made it and it's perfect! I love the material it's made of and the little buttons with birds on and the pretty ribbons. :)

Have a little bit of a closer look:

A close up of my badass Picture Board!
A close up of my badass Picture Board!

So there you have it, my favourite pieces that lurk about my house! I have others but let's be realistic, I don't want to give away all my interior designing genius do I? ;)

Have you got any bits and pieces around the house that genuinely make you smile, because you know that without them, your home, wouldn't be home!? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment