Thursday 7 February 2013

Jetting Off To Paradise!

If you've not guessed after the year and a half I've been doing this blog thing, then you should probably know that I love travelling!
I have worked my ass off for the last 5 years, in order to go away every year, to somewhere new, somewhere beautiful and generally somewhere I might find an adventure. I recently watched the film "Letters To Juliet" which is a sappy rom-com, but for me the best part of the film was seeing the different places the characters ended up: Vineyards, The House of Capulet, the beautiful Italian countryside.

Breathtaking!
Breathtaking!

It's not the first time I've said it and I'm sure it will never be the last, but I MUST go to Verona. I have always wanted to go to Italy and I think it is the next thing on my list of things to do!

Of course I will need to work and I will need to save my money, pay off my debts and generally sort my life out first but I am hoping to get an Inter-rail Pass and get my bum backpacking through Italy. :)

I don't know what will happen in my life and I don't know where the future will take me, but I want to feel the sun on my skin as I wonder around the streets of Verona, I want to have my breath taken away by the beautiful buildings, I want to feel the smile play on my lips when I see lovers at The House of Capulet. I want to taste good food, satiate my thirst with great wine and meet people who approach life with love and passion. I want to get lost in the scenery, immerse myself in the history and pass the hours experiencing a new culture! And dare I mention the coffee?? ;)

verona countryside



And then I want to go to Florence, and Rome and Naples (Just to try some REAL pizza!) before heading to Sicily, Venice and Milan! There's so much of Italy that I'd love to see! It's true that I could pick all the other places I'd love to go: Greece, Bali, Australia etc but when I think about the types of culture that I love, the only place I think of is Italy.

I sent my parents to Rome for their 10 year anniversary (with the greatly appreciated help of various family members) and they LOVED it! The food was "melt in your mouth" tasty, the people were lovely, the places were stunning and the atmosphere was magical. My Auntie fell in love with Florence, but as she is an amazing artist (albeit one to hide in the shadows) there's no real surprise there! Everyone I know who has been to Italy has never really had a bad word to say about it-- other than Venice in summer doesn't smell like roses-- and I want to be able to go, to say that yes, I took 2 or so months off to travel around Italy to experience life.

This year, I probably won't be able to afford much of a holiday anywhere as I went to Valencia for a month last summer, Turkey for 2 years running before that and then Sweden for 2 years running before that! And then we get onto the family holidays! Essentially, this year I will be working off my debts to the university and my overdraft, before I actually move to Lyon later this year! So although I won't be going on a holiday, I will be going somewhere new for an entire year!

When I return in 2014 to England, that's when I will start to save up for Italy, namely Verona, what with me being a total nerd, I actually really want to go and see The House of Capulet and Juliet's Wall... Maybe I'll even write her a letter. Either way, I have a plan to take life and start looking at it with love and passion, because frankly, what else is there? :)

Letters to Juliet
What a film!
If you want to take a look at the scenery and culture that I'm talking about, then maybe you should watch Letters to Juliet, but I warn you, if you're not a fan of a predictable love story then proceed with caution! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I've been to Verona many times; you won't be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go! If you couldn't tell by the post! =P But if you've got some pictures, you should definitely write about it-- you'd have a reader out of me! =)

    ReplyDelete