Sunday 4 September 2011

Welcome to the World of Unemployment!

So that's it. I've handed in my notice and finished my last day at work...

The gifts that made me cry: "Good luck at uni, we'll miss you xxx

It's strange, it feels good as I've worked for 3 and a half years, but it was a little bit sad! Some of the other guys going to uni aren't leaving for another few weeks! However it was hard not to well up when I came down from lunch yesterday to find a beautiful bouquet of flowers, a personalised chocolate slab, a balloon and a card signed from everyone at work!! I really wan't expecting in and to even have a card would have been lovely but for the whole flowers etc? I was stupidly happy for the rest of the day and even a little soppy as I thought of all the work gang who clubbed together to get me something! I don't think there are any real words to describe how it made me feel but it was so lovely, and even now as I'm typing this, I'm feeling a touch sentimental!!

So now apparently I'm a proper student as I don't have a job, I have an overdraft and typically I'll be living off of "value" everything!! But although it's sad, I can't help but think I missed out on a lot of my social life as a teen: I got a job when I was 16 after all! So it will be nice to finally (FINALLY) have my weekends back for good!  And on an even better note, this time next week I will be in the sun in Turkey with a book and a beer, topping up my tan just in time to move into uni!!! :D haha I really cannot wait!!


No comments:

Post a Comment