Saturday 24 September 2011

My Life in Boxes

It's exactly 8 days until I fly the nest and move to university. Most of my life is in boxes and suitcases and little things I keep thinking I must NOT forget! Photographs and frames, posters and other little things that make my room at home mine.... But packing is just so hard!!




 I hope to make my room at uni my home too and there's a sense of melancholic lust for something more than just moving out. I want a home that I can call my own and a place that, when I close the door behind me, I think: THIS is all mine. But at the same time it's terrifying. Moving out? I'm going to have to grow up now! :P No, it's going to be weird because in a way I'm losing my best friend. My mum and I are really close and we talk about everything all the time and to think that I can't come back and just spaz out or talk and laugh etc. makes me quite sad. I know I'll find new friends and she'll be able to come and visit but it really isn't the same! On the other hand I need to move out before me and my family clash too much! Only so many adults can live in one house at a time you know! ;)

But anyway, here I am with my life in boxes, thinking what an adventure this year is going to be! I am excited, terrified and sad all in one. Happy but weirded out completely ... So this time next week I'll be sat here nervously waiting for the morning, when I'll be moving out of H-Town and into Uni!

2 comments:

  1. You'll be fine, trust me! Its weird at first but its amazing how quickly you settle into things :) Plus, you'll always be able to get in touch with people whenever you want
    And if you have a real need to spaz out, come over to mine ;) haha <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll love it!! And hey if u wana come back to harlow to spaz out just let me no and u can hitch a ride :D dont forget to pack the disposable plates!!

    ReplyDelete