Friday 4 April 2014

Eat, Pray, Love



It has been a few years since I first watched it but this film has resonated with me on a level that not many other films have managed to achieve.
I may hate it here in France but I cannot deny that it has been an adventure of sorts and adventure is something the gypsy in my soul craves....


I guess that is one of the reasons Liz Gilbert's story appeals so much to me on a deep level. I also love the idea of seeking out adventure and travelling to find your true self and I don't feel like I will ever truly find myself until I have travelled to certain places!

So I am determined to discover myself by travelling and the great thing is, I don't have to live somewhere to experience it!!
I incorporate a lot of different cultures into my life, and I have big plans for the future!
I don't have a real point to this post exactly just a bit of a ramble about my plans for the future, some adventures I hope to have and aspects to add to my life.


So here is a little insight to the real me:

Not many people realise but I'm Buddhist. Not your average vegetarian type, because that isn't the right fit for me. I am however pescetarian (I eat fish) and that works for me, it makes me feel like I'm giving back at least a little. 
I don't see religion as separate but more as an umbrella: we may call the entity a different name (God, Buddha, Vishnu, Guru etc) but in the end it's all the same. We all want to reach the same destination, we're just taking different paths. 

I meditate! It is hard... I don't claim to be a master but that time of day when I can just let go of the world, everything is still and all I can feel, hear and think of is my breathing, that is the best time of day. You learn to ignore the itches, shut out the noise and forget your thoughts. It's a time of true rest, which for an insomniac is a total miracle!! 

I really want to do yoga. I have tried in the past and failed! Either I felt super self conscious in the studio with all the pros or I just can't get with it at home! Whatever my reason in the past I want to give it another go! So when I get home to England, I'll be donning some lycra and buying a rubber mat to throw down some shapes in the AM. 




Finally I seek adventure and friendship. I don't know if you can truly have one without the other but I'm willing to give it all a try. My next "big" adventure has just been solidified with one of my best friends and we will be planning it over the next year (when we live together during our final year at uni!)... So here goes: we're going to INDIA!!! I have never been to anywhere as culturally different and exotic if you will, so I am so stoked to plan and save up for this trip! 



Have you ever tried meditating or yoga? What adventures are you planning? Let me know in the comments! 

Peace xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment