Saturday 14 April 2012

Stepping Out for 13.1 Miles!

It is official: I've committed to running my very first half marathon this year... So it looks like 2012 really will be the year I take on my life!






Having been diagnosed with depression at the age of 18 I really did think the world was out to get me.. That finger of doom pointed down at me deliberately and the black cloud hung around me for the sheer kicks of seeing me cry every day. It got to the point where I was ranting about how ultimately rubbish my life was to my mum, crying hysterically and generally stressing out my family (including my kid brother and sister). It wasn't until about 2 months after I'd seen the Doc and been diagnosed with depression that I realised the amount of stress and pressure everyone in my household was under because I couldn't handle life.  It was true that the battle was far from over and for me, I'm still soldiering on, despite coming off my anti-depressants!



But during my struggle, I reached out to my friend Ali and through her I discovered Jayne and the absolute babes that run The Blurt Foundation... I think that what they do at Blurt is amazing and I am 100% an ambassador for them. As I wrote in a previous post here I got into running a while back, and as a result I have found myself catching the running bug!



THAT'S RIGHT: I, CATE, WILL BE RUNNING A HALF MARATHON FOR THE BLURT FOUNDATION!!!

I shall be donning my lycra and strutting my stuff in Oxfordshire on October 7th 2012 for an awesome charity! Wish me luck-- I'm going to need it! Maybe I will see you there? ;)



  And so it begins: My journey to the full 13.1 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment