Wednesday 9 November 2011

Catch 22...

Firstly, let me apologise for my absence.. although now you should be much more fond of me! So, I am sorry I haven't posted in what seems like months. Secondly, let me explain why.




As you know I suffer from depression and basically the last few weeks I have been struggling a bit with it. I felt down so I did nothing, I did nothing and felt down because of it. Thus the catch 22. However, it's time to turn a new page, suck it up and try to get myself back to reality. I am making myself get out there and go for a drink with friends, I'm forcing myself to go for a run every other day... If I don't get out in the world, then I'll fail at everything. My doctor told me yesterday to focus on NOW. Just three little letters: N-O-W. I don't need to worry about the past (I can't change it) and I don't know what the future holds (it hasn't happened yet) so really, the only thing I can do is work on the present.. So, not only am I going to start meditating again (Don't knock it until you've really tried it) in order to clear my mind-- which is apparently broken according to my doctor-- and running in order to produce endorphins.. Lord knows I need them!

But basically I just wanted to explain my absence and that hopefully, things will improve and you will be hearing from me much more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment