Wednesday 27 June 2012

It's a Plan Stan!!

TRAINING IS HARRRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This Half Marathon Lark is no joke.. I already knew that but things are really starting to sink in as training is becoming more and more difficult, so I have come up with a plan which means I will actually be able to run the MAJORITY of the race and FINISH it whilst still breathing! :D Win- win right?!

Image


So here it is:
Training:
  • Train to be able to run 5 miles without stopping! (bad ass feat within itself!
  • Take part in a few Park Run 5K's so I have no choice but to keep up with my training!
On Race Day:
  • Run 5 miles without stopping.
  • Walk 1 mile (speedily though to keep my heart rate up!
  • Run 4 miles without stopping.
  • Walk 0.5 miles (speedily like before)
  • RUN LIKE THE WIND (ish) FOR THE FINAL 2.6 MILES
After The Race:
  • Get a medal (Life Long Goal of having my very own medal up on my wall!... Sad but True!) 
  • Potentially Pass out!
  • Go for Lunch and a beer!!! (I totally will deserve it) 
  • Celebrate with my Blurt Babes who are all gonna deserve the high fives they are totally getting! 
Finally I will return home, proud and beat but ready to wake up for class the next day... Oh sorry what was that? Yes, yes I am completely insane! I have friends who will help me hobble to campus, fear not! :P
So that's the plan! :) And then in March I could be running the Colchester Half too! :P Which clearly shows just how mental I actually am!
Image
You know...

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth Shaw xx27 June 2012 at 11:47

    What you mean could be!? Haha you have to run in march!!!!! :) xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you are utterly nuts Missy :P but proud of you! Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well :D xx <3

    ReplyDelete